Updates of Events and RR Activities
The situation with COVID-19 is very fluid, we will use this space for updates specific to Rolling Robots and our team activities.
Math lesson related to the pandemic
Details of activities at Rolling Robots to limit exposure are below:
Isaac Newton had to work from home and he did ok.
Rolling Robots Partially Reopening June 15th, 2020
Following the guidance of the Los Angeles County Health Department, we will be cautiously proceeding with our planned on-site, in-person activities this summer. It will not be your ordinary summer for sure, but there will still be plenty of learning and fun to be had by everyone. All our activities are also now available online, so you can observe the degree of social distancing that is best for your family. For people who will be attending our on-site, in-person camps, here is our operating plan:
- Limit of two activities per time period (instead of the usual 4)
- Limit of 6 - 8 students per activity (instead of the usual upper limit of 12)
- Work space set up for 6 feet of social distancing
- Every student will have their temperature taken via no touch, IR thermometer before entry (must be under 100F)
- Staff will be training students in best practices for preventing spread of COVID-19
- Mask wearing enforced for both staff and students
- Masks, hand sanitizer, and hand soap are provided for every student
- Surfaces and equipment will be sanitized before and after each session
The biggest difference you will see is that there will be far fewer kids present on-site at Rolling Robots this summer. This is an important factor in making our on-site, in-person camps a safe and productive environment during these difficult times.